tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Shadow and Bone

Shadow and Bone - Please check out my website www.tattooedbookreview.com"Unlike anything I've ever read." -Veronica Roth (bestselling author of DIVERGENT) Following Alina Starkov on her journey of self-discovery through this stark and beautiful landscape was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Alina Starkov grew up an orphan in the kingdom of Ravka, in a Russia very different from the one we know, with one friend and companion, Mal.. Shadow and Bone tells the story the discovery of a hidden power that Alina possesses. This power has the potential to change her entire world, or as she comes to find out, destroy it completely. As she struggles to master this extremely rare gift she must face failure, loss, and betrayal. Through this process however she gains strength, physical beauty, character and self-awareness. She must struggle to keep this power her own.I loved the character of Alina in this book. Even with great supernatural power and in landscape I can only imagine, I can still relate to her. She is so human. She can be selfish one minute and willing to give her life the next. She is flawed. She makes mistakes. She is seduced by power and beauty but willing to give it all up to save others. She falls in love. She is loyal. She is real.I'm definitely looking forward to the next book in this series. The real story is just beginning and I'm so looking forward to finding out where it takes Alina.