tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Slave (Finding Anna)

Slave  - Sherri Hayes See this review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.comTitle: SlaveAuthor: Sherri HayesPublisher: The Writer's Coffee ShopPublished: July 28, 2011Rating: 3 StarsSlave by Sherri Hayes is a compelling story of a broken woman rescued by a handsome and philanthropic Dominant."Stephan has lived the lifestyle of a Dominant for five years. After several rebellious teenage years, it gave him the stability and control he had been seeking after his parent’s death.As president of a not-for-profit foundation, he knows what his future holds and what he wants out of life. All that changes when a simple lunch with his college friend and Mentor, Daren, leads him to buying a slave.Thrust into a situation he never thought he’d be in, Stephan can’t walk away. He is compelled to help this girl in the only way he knows how.Brianna knows only one thing, she is a slave. She has nothing. She is nothing.Can Stephan help Brianna realize that she is much more than just a Slave?"I found the premise of Slave very interesting. There were so many things about this book I liked very much. I loved the handsome hero and the young, beautiful, broken girl he comes to care for. I like that the book was a relatively quick read, the story flowed easily and I wanted to read the book cover to cover. I enjoyed watching these characters change as their relationship with one another evolves. The story could have easily become completely depressing, but there was heat, a spark. Telling the story from the point of view of both characters gave a nice insight into what they were each thinking as the story progressed.I wanted to love this book but in the end I only liked it. As much as I liked both the story and the characters, for me there was something missing. I felt a disconnect with the two main characters. I knew what they were feeling but I didn't quite feel it myself. There was heat there, but I was left a little cold. I wanted to really know them and be a part of their story. I did feel a connection with Lily, a secondary character. I would love to see more of her and hear her and Logan's story.Overall, I enjoyed reading this book I just would have liked a closer connection with the main characters.I received this book from the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.If you would like to see more of my reviews please subscribe. Thank you!