tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Once Upon A Twist

Once Upon A Twist -  Aimee Duffy, Michelle Smart See this review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.comTwo clever, romantic and sexy fairytale re-tellings, each unique and entertaining in its own right; Oh, and ZOMBIES!!! Because I love fairytales and zombie books with kick-ass heroines, this pair of stories is right up my alley!The first story is a re-telling of Cinderella, written in more of a “classic” fairytale style: complete with castles, a fairy godmother, a pumpkin carriage, and the handsome Prince Charming. And did I mention zombies?!? I just love Ella in this story! Instead of acting the delicate flower this time period requires, she stands up to the men, the knights, and her Prince, and kicks some zombie ass… and this only endears her more to her handsome betrothed.“No wonder all the women he had met before her had bored him to tears. Marriage to Ella might be a headache but at least it would never be boring.”The second story, a modern re-telling of Little Red Riding Hood is a bit darker and gorier. Jeremy and Ruby, past loves that still have strong feelings for one another, must fight a zombie-wolf and multiple undead. When tragedy strikes they must confront a dark past and an uncertain future, in order to save each other and have a second chance at love. I love this couple and thoroughly enjoyed their journey back into each other’s arms.“And he was falling, deeper in love with her, so fast and hard he couldn’t stop it. He knew as heat flooded down his spine and spread through his balls that their next separation would cost him, but he accepted that. This was about her, giving Ruby what she needed. If his heart had to shatter all over again then he’d deal with it. It was no less than he deserved.”Both sexy stories are packed with intense action and romance (and zombies!) I highly recommend this two-for-one special on grown-up fairytales.*I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review.