tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Mafia Secret

Mafia Secret - Angie Derek, Angelia Almos Visit www.tattooedbookreview.com on May 7 for my stop on the Mafia Secret Review Tour!With it’s nearly non-stop action, gritty mafia plot line, twists and turns, and steamy romance, Mafia Secret grabbed me from the first page.When Lessa learns that she is the illegitimate child of a recent murdered patriarch of a powerful crime family, her life, and the family’s life is thrown into turmoil. Loyalties are tested and so is Lessa’s mettle as she begins to come to terms with her new life, with the help of sexy Marc, her guard and an upper-level player in the family.The plot has everything expected from one centering around a mob family, opulent wealth, questionable business dealings, action, and intrigue. What I enjoyed in particular about this story is the family dynamic. The author provides a colorful cast of characters in the Tazio family. The are real, well developed characters that add an interesting dynamic to the story.At the center of the story is the undeniable chemistry between Lessa and Marc. He struggles to balance his loyalty to the family, his search for the murderer of Lessa’s father, and his growing attraction for the beautiful blonde cheerleader. He learns that his need to protect her goes beyond family duty and fortunately she feels the connection as well. The result is steamy sex and a satisfying romance. Their romance is a welcome addition to this multi-layered and exciting story, complete with a pulse-pounding climax and a happily ever after."As he picked her up and carried her to the bed, she raised her arms and cupped his face with her hands. Drawing him closer, she captured his lips with hers. He returned her kiss, gently at first and then with increasing passion. Tomorrow was soon enough to worry about what came next. For tonight, there was nowhere she'd rather be."*I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review.