tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Emma: The Wild and Wanton Edition

Emma: The Wild and Wanton Edition - Micah Persell, Jane Austen Visit www.tattooedbookreview.com for this review and more!I am definitely a fan of books that are rewrites of classics, especially when the book is upgraded to a sexier version! This “wild and wanton” rewrite of Jane Austen’s Emma did not disappoint.I particularly enjoyed that the original text was not changed completely, Persell uses Austen’s original text and adds to it. The transitions are seamless, the writing styles matched extremely well. I like to think that Austen (after getting over a bit of shock) would have welcomed these spicy, but tasteful, additions to her story. I know that I certainly did “His hands came up to wrap around her wrists, and he pressed her hands more firmly against his skin. “Your fingers burn me,” he whispered briefly before pressing another more desperate kiss to her mouth. “Want to feel more of your skin,” he breathed against her lips. And the her shift was gone-lifted up over her head and fluttering to the floor.”*I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review.