tattooedbookreview

Shattered
C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Selling Out (The Lost Girls 2)

Selling Out  - Amber Lin Dark, gritty, seductive, and action-packed, Selling Out is a fantastic follow-up to Giving it Up. Though the stories are told in a similar style, this one is definitely my favorite. I relished the opportunity to spend more time with Allie, Colin, Philip, and especially Shelly.From it's first moments, the book kept me glued to the pages. As the author peels away Shelley's layers, giving the reader more insight in to who she is, she peels away layers of plot, revealing twists, turns and surprises. We get to know the characters as well as the seedy Chicago underworld, and just when everything seems too dark, too impossible, there is a pin-point of light. But nothing in Shelly's world is simple...For me, the best part of the book is Shelly's character; I adore her. She is so incredibly broken, damaged, and dark, but for whatever reason, she keeps fighting for herself, for others, and for redemption. She is complex, subversive, intelligent, and beautiful. I am drawn to her, like the people around her, especially Luke. I was taken by their electric connection, and the mystery surrounding Luke.I enjoyed this book immensely. The story, the characters, the emotion and the author's perspective left me breathless and wrung-out. I was completely sucked in and though I was satisfied by the ending, I was disappointed when it was over.*I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review.