tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Let the Dead Sleep

Let the Dead Sleep - Heather Graham A fast-paced and engaging supernatural mystery, Let the Dead Sleep is Danni Cafferty’s story as she struggles to come to terms with her new place in life, a mysterious job inherited from her father. Graham expertly guides the reader through present-day New Orleans: the tourist traps, amazing Cities of the Dead, and darker elements of the city, both human and supernatural. Danni and her new partner Quinn take us on a wild ride as they follow one step behind an evil funerary bust and the people who possess it. Along the way, the burning chemistry between the pair takes over and the reader is rewarded with their romance. Non-stop action, witty banter, unpredictable plot elements, a clever mystery, and intriguing characters all combine to make this a very entertaining read. A heart-stopping climax and a cliffhanger set the stage for a much-needed sequel.* I was provided a copy of the book by BTS eMag for purpose of an honest review. I was not compensated for this review – all conclusions are my own responsibility.