tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Ruining You

Ruining You - Nicole Reed, Erinn Giblin Full review to come...Visit www.tattooedbookreview.com on Feb. 28 for my stop on the Ruining You book tour!Ruining You is emotional, utterly heartbreaking, and beautifully romantic.The second in the series, the book can easily be read as a stand-alone: Reed successfully weaves Jay’s backstory into her current life. Characters that are no longer with us for the second book, most notably JT, are brought to life in dreams and flashbacks. We understand who they are and how they affect Jay’s life in the present along with the characters that are still in her life.I cried so many tears reading this book. The author brings palpable emotions to the surface through Jay’s tragic past and her incredibly difficult journey towards healing and an uncertain future. I was swept up in her story and didn’t realize until the end how smoothly the author had guided Jay through a transition: so weak and broken at the beginning, and despite harrowing setbacks, so strong in the end.The book has a little bit of everything, including romance and lust, courtesy of a couple of hot leading men. She has a choice to make, but it seems to me she has really no choice at all (though I myself may have chosen differently). In addition to her men, Jay has the support of friends and family to guide her towards strength and redemption. All of this, with a stunning climax, and the reward of a happily ever after, make this is a great read."You know what heaven feels like? It feels like two-hundred pounds of steel muscle wrapped around you with the most invigorating body smell that invaded every sense you have. It is the rythmic beating of his heart as it sounds in my ear. I grip his back, knowing he is really here. It's the feeling of being safe, protected, and loved. It is everything I am feeling as I am shrouded securely in his arms. I want to hold on tight and never let go."*I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review.