tattooedbookreview

Shattered
C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Lifestyles of the Fey and Dangerous [The Veil 3] (Siren Publishing Classic) (The Veil: Siren Publishing Classic)

Lifestyles of the Fey and Dangerous - Danica Avet The third book in the series, this can easily be read as a stand-alone. Familiar characters are present, but Avet focuses on Malachi, an intriguing secondary character from the previous books, and Lani, a new addition.This book is decidedly darker and edgier than its predecessors. Both primary characters are burdened with shadowy pasts and deep physical and emotional scars. Avet writes their characters very well: cold and calculated on the outside, with deep emotion just barely hidden. Their separate journeys towards healing and seemingly impossible redemption are gripping and heart-wrenching. Thrown together by circumstance, their romance has heat and unmistakable lust, but their improbable union has an undertone of desperation: it may be the only thing that can save them.This book has the series’ usual action, intrigue, romance, and still a bit of humor, but Avet shows her dark side, and the result is a fantastic read.*I was provided a copy of the book by BTS eMag for purpose of an honest review. I was not compensated for this review – all conclusions are my own responsibility.