tattooedbookreview

Shattered
C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2)

Avoiding Responsibility - K.A. Linde See this review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.comThough I haven't yet read the first book in the series, Avoiding Commitment, I don't think it's necessary in order to enjoy this book. That being said, after reading Avoiding Responsibility I plan on reading the first book, just to get more of these characters.There was enough back story to understand where everyone's relationships stand, and the first meeting between Jack and Lexi let me know how strong the chemistry between them is. This is just one of the moments that the author creates so brilliantly. What I enjoyed most about the book is these "moments". Linde has a knack for creating scenes, especially between two people, that whether they are romantic, angry, or even angst ridden, they are incredibly powerful. Emotions are raw and palpable and the reader is there, captured by the moment, and can feel the heat between the characters. At more than one point I found myself gasping out loud, my pulse-pounding, having forgotten where I was.There is so much to enjoy in this book: brilliant "moments", fantastic drama, romance, angst, hot male leads, twists, turns, and surprises. I look forward to reading both the first and third books in the series.*I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.