tattooedbookreview

Shattered
C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Succubus-in-Waiting [The Veil 2] (Siren Publishing Classic)

Succubus-in-Waiting [The Veil 2] (Siren Publishing Classic) - Danica Avet Avet has once again written a story with fantastic characters, a great plot, steamy romance, and her own brand of humor. The second book in the series, Succubus in Waiting could easily be read as a stand-alone. I was pleased to see some of my favorite characters from the first book, but this story focuses on new characters, Piper and Connor.The plot is intriguing and flows easily but the intense relationship between these two is the highlight. Piper has beauty, sass, strength, humor and a relatable vulnerability and is complemented well by the sexy, intelligent, and protective alpha-male. The writing of these dual-natured supernatural beings is clever and creative. By giving a personality to their supernatural sides, the author creates very interesting and three-dimensional characters. Their relationship is a slow burn, filled with delicious sexual tension, and a climax not to be missed. *I was provided a copy of the book by the BTS eMag for purpose of an honest review. I was not compensated for this review- all conclusions are my own responsibility.