tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Beyond Shame

Beyond Shame - Kit Rocha See this review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.comBeyond Shame is a gritty and intense dystopian erotic romance. Reading it is pure pleasure and just enough pain.I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I'm really enjoying dystopian stories right now and Beyond Shame didn't disappoint. I found myself wanting to keep turning the pages. The plot itself is engaging, the characters are interesting, and the sex is SUPER HOT. I am also impressed at the author's ability to add just enough humor to provide balance to a story that is dark and edgy.At the heart of the story is Noelle's journey of self-discovery. Growing up in a wealthy family inside the City, she always knew that she was different, and that she would never be happy there. However, she was vastly unprepared for life in the sectors outside the City. Fortunately, Jasper finds her, rescues her, and ultimately falls for her. Jasper plays an integral role in helping Noelle find out who she is and what she really wants out of life, all the while hoping that it is him.I enjoyed Noelle's journey.The author is insightful and honest about the characters' feelings, not just Noelle's. She presents the reader with three-dimesional characters that are trying to reconcile complicated pasts with possibly more complicated futures. Jasper is easy to love. He is intense, brooding, and oh so sexy. I always fall for the damaged tough-guy with a heart. Lex is another interesting character. She's so strong and yet vulnerable in her own way. I thought her hard exterior provided a great contrast to Noelle's softness.Okay, let's get to the sex. This book has some fantastic sex scenes. They are well written, very steamy, and there are a lot of them. I find that sometimes in stories that have numerous sex scenes that it can become a bit repetitive. NOT SO with Beyond Shame. There were definitely a few times I found myself a little breathless.I gave this book 4.5 stars and highly recommend it.*I received this book as an ARC from the publisher(via Netgalley) in exchange for a fair and honest review.