tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Need (Finding Anna)

Need (Finding Anna) - Sherri Hayes See this review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.comThis review is part of the Need Book Release Blog Tour. Need by Sherri Hayes is the dark story of broken young woman and the man who is determined to earn her trust and to help her heal. The second book in the Finding Anna Series, Need is a wonderful followup to the first book, Slave. Need takes us deeper in to Brianna and Stephan's relationship as it grows and changes, and the sacrifices they both must make to keep it. "As Brianna comes to terms with the realization that she is no longer a slave, she must figure out what she wants for her life. Forgetting her past isn’t an option. It is an integral part of who she is now, and it will forever shape her view of life. The one thing she knows is that she cannot imagine her life without the man who saved her, but can she be what he needs? Stephan never imagined falling in love with the woman he rescued, but the thought of her no longer being part of his life is physically painful. The scars from her past continue to haunt her, and he is helpless to stop them. All he can do is try to help her work through the traumas of her past. Can he be everything she needs and help her move on?The two must figure out how to navigate not only their relationship with each other, but also the outside world. A friend from Brianna’s past shows up where she least expects them, and Uncle Richard continues to enforce his well-meaning agenda to get Brianna more traditional help. As forces, both friend and foe, threaten to tear them apart, Stephan and Brianna have to navigate the turbulent waters and find what they need in each other." I definitely enjoyed reading Need. As in the first book in the series, the story is told from both Brianna's and Stephan's perspectives. As I reader, I relished being able to know how both characters were feeling. That's a luxury we as readers don't always have the benefit of.The primary focus of the story is the relationship between the two main characters. The handsome, strong and dominant Stephan has rescued the beautiful and broken Brianna and now he must continue to help her heal. He treats her with such excruciating tenderness all while pushing her limits, and somehow manages to control his need to possess her completely. In spite of the tenderness, he is forever the Dominant, which is exactly what Brianna needs. Somehow, they each must figure out how to be what the other requires, all while discovering who they really are. There is such genuine caring as well as an underlying burning desire between these two characters.I gave Need 4 stars and highly recommend this read. It is dark and edgy, with a great twist on the traditional Dominant/submissive story. There is still heat and sexuality but all within a beautiful story of healing and love. I am eagerly anticipating the third book in the series. I am desperate to see where this relationship goes and if it can survive.Brianna: "I nodded and continued to hold tight to him. He was my lifeline, and I was pretty sure he always would be. There was no place I felt safer than when he held me like this. Sometimes, I just wanted to stay here, in his chair, and never leave. The outside world could melt away, and I wouldn't care." *I received this book as an ARC from the publisher(via NetGalley) in exchange for a fair and honest review.