tattooedbookreview

Shattered
C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Seven Day Loan (The Original Sinners, #0.5)

Seven Day Loan (The Original Sinners, #0.5) - Tiffany Reisz See this review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.comEleanor is trained submissive and the possession of an unlikely and powerful Dominant. Against her wishes, her master has loaned her to his friend. Daniel's wife passed away three years prior, and he has yet to heal from the loss. Daniel is a Dominant as well, and Eleanor's master believes that having her there will help him to move past his wife's death.At first Eleanor is angered by the arrangement, but she is too well trained to refuse. But, she is determined to keep an emotional distance from Daniel. "To get through the week, she needed to keep her guard up. She'd let him have her body if he demanded it of her. She'd give him nothing else." Before long, Eleanor realizes she and Daniel are more compatible than she ever would have imagined, sexually and otherwise. She also wants to help him heal. Now, she has a choice to make.I really enjoyed this novella. I read The Siren first, and was excited to read more about Nora. Young Eleanor is willful, defiant, clever, and caring. I was happy to see that she still possessed some amount of naivete' at this age and that there was a small part of her that could still consider a happily-ever-after for herself. I was completely smitten with the brilliant and broken Daniel. There was definitely a part of me that was rooting for Daniel and Eleanor.I gave this book 4.5 stars and look forward to reading more of Nora's story.