tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Lightning Rider

Lightning Rider - Jen Greyson See this review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.com!Original, exciting, and action-packed with a kick-ass heroine and a super-sexy alpha male. I really enjoyed this book!Evy, a welder and motorcycle builder, is at a low point in her life when she discovers she is the only female in a long line of “Lightning Riders” or time-travelers. It is the very difficult job of a Lightning Rider to travel through time and change the future for the better. Quite a daunting task! Evy shows great strength and courage, and with some coaxing takes the challenge head-on. The author cleverly gives the reader glimpses into Evy’s head and her often humorous inner-dialogue, adding another layer to the story and Evy’s character.Traveling to ancient Spain, Evy discovers her destiny, which includes Constantine. A super-sexy ancient warrior, his and Evy’s relationship is fraught with delicious and electric sexual tension. I enjoyed the relationship between these strong characters. She is not a damsel in distress; he sees her strength and trains her to be even stronger. The author did a fantastic job of creating a connection between Evy and Constantine; a chemistry that is greater than time and space.The beginning of the story is a bit difficult to grasp at first. There is a lot of information thrown at the reader. It’s necessary to simply suspend disbelief and go with it; I’m glad that I did! I was rewarded with a clever and exciting page-turner, an interesting cast of characters, and the potential for an epic series.*I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review.