tattooedbookreview

C.C. Brown
The Forbidden Trilogy
Kimberly Kinrade, Karpov Kinrade

Blood Flows Deep in the Empire

Blood Flows Deep in the Empire - N. Isabelle Blanco See this review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.com!This unique and otherworldly romance has creative world-building, a cast of engaging three-dimensional characters, a touch of humor, scorching sex scenes, and an action-packed story that keeps the pages flying by.The author manages to blend the realm of the gods the earth and the world of humans. She has succeeded in creating characters that are obviously god-like but possess a relatable humanity: they possess emotion, empathy, and humor along with their power as Gods of the universe. In Ismini, one of the few human characters, there is vulnerability combined with great strength; she is a character you can’t help but become attached to.The story has a great plot, but I couldn’t help but focus on the sexual elements. Blanco writes absolutely amazing sex scenes. She writes beautiful encounters of SEX WITH GODS far better than can be imagined. Ismini’s and Dyletri’s chemistry is nothing short of explosive; their encounters as earth-shattering and mind-blowing as sex with the God of Fertility should be: the right combination of exquisite sensuality and violent, all consuming lust.A story of good versus evil, and love versus duty, this is a fantastic first book in the series and I was left begging for more. *I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review.